I felt as if it has been months since I've updated... well, it sorta kinda a month, since I've updated already. I guess is the 'working' feeling inside of me. Seem that everything passed by so fast.. Well, 'cause on weekdays, I do want the mins, hours, days and week to pass by as soon as possible. Now, I do understand the stuggles of work and why people do not seem to enjoy it or seem sooo tired after the long day. Well, I'm still new to it. There would be more struggles and problems if I am working longer, such as politic issues in the office etc, which I haven't experienced yet.
After this coming week, I have 2 weeks left in my workplace, before my contract is over. That was what I thought, a week ago... until my mum told me that I should extend my contract and we did. They agreed, since they needed someone to help out at the administration work. The person doing admin now is going to leave soon. Oh man.. I know nuts about admin work! Have to learn I guess. Should be quite fun. I'll be doing both recruitment and admin work next month. Also, if they need me back at old place to manage the problems of their updated application programes there, I'll be there too. 3 jobs in a month. Cool, rite? It's not confirmed yet ler actually. I was quite excited because I thought I would have a week break before I start working again. That means rest and I am able to hang out with my friends who is coming back from UK & Aus... but since the contract is extended, I only have 1 day leave for the month. It's okay. I'm beginning to get used to the job now.
I wanted to have an exposure in Kindergarten but I don't think that I can learn much from there. I definately can't be a kindy teacher. You'll need to go through some sort of training first, which will take months before you are qualified. Perhaps as caretakers, it won't be a problem. I thought working in hospitals would be good too, but I don't think I can find much jobs of psychologist clinics around M'sia. So, I'll most likely go into Human Resource, hopefully.
Working in my current job now is okay la. I've learnt to look at resumes and understand them, esp some of the IT-terms. Interesting.. sometimes I dream about those terms because I read them too much already. I get to differentiate between different jobs and the experiences they hold, not only the skills they possess. I learnt to mix with working people... though it was pretty hard for me, because most of my colleagues speaks in Mandarin and I do not understand at all. I learnt to call and talk or interview them about their current jobs and skillsets as well as experiences. They are sooo much older than me. The youngest, is about 23 - 24 years old.
It is kinda scary at first, to call strangers and talk to them. Some seem comfortable to talk and converse with me and I make sure that when call them, I would thank them. Also, in my e-mails, I would thank them for their time and end it with "Have a great week".
It is tiring and I have this lazy nature in me but I want to make the best out of my working days because that is what God would want us to do. I learnt to enjoy my work and no need so malu/embarresed to do things like calling people! "Just do it, gal! Won't die one. What is the worst that could happen?" That is what I always tell myself when I don't feel like doing something cuz it's out of my comfort zone or what I'm used to.
So that's my job update.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
News on Lizzie's job update...
Posted by starlightliz at 11:08 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Excellent, love it! Topamax divided dose Affiliate program agreement mutual funds Cellulite definition Buy zyban prescription online Forex alert indicators evista online games Arrowhead faucets Digital printing grand rapids large format http://www.java-roulette.info Dodge canada Calottery.com winning numbers Ann arbor property tax Best weight loss pill ken contact lenses call center outsourcing protonix Pontiac ventura parts
Post a Comment