BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Recruitment

Remember I mentioned that I was working, doing testing application programme. 1 month has passed, and now I am doing recruitment! No, no.. I wasn't fired... I kinda finished doing my part in the customer's place (BSN) already. So, since I don't have much to do there, they shifted me back to the main office help out in recruitment instead. At first, the thought of doing recruitment really stimulated my mind. I was soooooo excited. You see, next year, I decided that I would specialize in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. So this area of work is sooo much relevant to me, compared to the testing progs work. Don't get me wrong, I like working at BSN as a tester. It was a new experience (IT line), facinating, interesting, routine (I know what to do) , flexiblebut soon I got extremely bored, cuz there weren't much for me to do there after the 3rd week.

Working in the main office doing recruitment now. Oh man, never thought it can be tiring. Tiring not because I needed to run around... Tiring because my job requires me to sit for 8 hours, staring at CVs and resumes and searching for potential candidates that would fit the job requirement. I was asked to interview the person on the phone as well, but I know that I am not ready because I know nuts about IT hardware, softwares; what the job is about or what does the company really do. Even head says it's a bit hard for me but I will have to use my discernment to do so... this involves Pscyhology as well ya know. Well, he can see that I wasn't ready and I was quite reluctant. Perhaps I shall do more research first before I make myself available to help in interviewing people. Just not now yet... *feel sorry though*. I mean, I have to understand what am I offering the candidates before I can talk to them rite? And if I need to get them to be in the company, I need to tell them what is it all about.. am I right?

Yeah.. so many things to learn. I felt so uncomfortable the past few days. Now, getting used to it. Thank God for giving me the peace and patience. Yesterday was terrible for me as I was trying my best to stay awake while reading the CVs. Today was a success, as I bugged God to provide me with strength. Yes, I used the word 'bugged' =P

I pray that i will learn to enjoy my job and step out in boldness in doing the things I'm suppose to do and when the tasks are handed to me. Do keep me in your prayers too ya!