BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Washing the feet of others

I've read this scenario before in the bible, when Jesus washed His disciples' feet. I've seen it in my youth church before where the new leaders wanted to bless the older leaders. I've heard of testimonies before on how powerful such act can be. This scene seems familiar to me. I'm not too sure whether anyone did wash my feet for me in the past... well except my mum or maid when I was a kid or smtng... but.. yeah...

Just last Sunday, our Connect Group (CG) leaders washed our feet... the feet of their members. At first I didn't really feel anything. After that I started thinking more about it. My leader is about to wash my feet.. hmm... but they just got to know me... I mean half of us are new here. We only got here 2 months ago. Probably got to know them about a month ago. Here they are, willing to show the act of love and servanthood by washing our feet... Someone that may now know us all that well... is washing our feet!!!

Hmm.. what should I feel. Some may feel uncomfortable.. but somehow I was kinda eager to go for it because I want to be blessed. Sounds liek someone in the bible, rite? Was it Peter? :) Shouldn't we be eager to be blessed by our Father? It was a touching moment though. I haven't washed people's feet before.. so I don't know how it's like.. plus I mean our feet.. ain't very clean or smooth, ya know! However, I could see their heart, their passion, the love of Christ in them. They were willing.. They didn't mind at all.. They didn't just wash our feet but prayed for us. Those who weren't comfortable could just go to them for prayer.

It was a "WOW" moment for me.. and it reminded me on how humble we ought to be as Christians. Remember how great our God is... He sent came down to serve us instead of being served. He washed our feet, cleansing us from our sins and gave us a chance to truly live a life of freedom in Him again. He accepted us as who we are but also loves us too much to not change us for the best that He knows we can be.

How often do we serve others? How often do we live as weekend-Christians instead of the everyday-Christians? How often do you reflect Christ in your life for others to see it? If you are serving in church faithfully, would you serve Him in your studies as faithfully as well? Would you serve others in your classes as much as you serve the people in your church? Would you be as friendly as you are with the people in your Christian Fellowship groups as you are as with the university students you study with?

0 comments: