I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel that the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I have asked for,
but everything that I have hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
An Unknown Confederate Soldier
"Our prayers are often filled with selfish "wants"; God always answers with what we need"
Anonymous
Taken from Sanctuary: A devotional Bible for women, pp 1069.
Adapted from the One Year Book of Personal Prayer (Carol Stream, III.: Tydale, 1991), June 11.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! If only we can put aside our prides and see things that way. Look at our circumstances thru His eyes... and know that He doesn't shortchange us but He is a God that loves to bless us.
However He does it in ways we do not expect or understand... yet. But when we do, we realize... that we are extremely blessed by His goodness, grace, mercy and love. We will soon realize that He knows what is best for us... and He provides the best, even when not everything in life seem to go on as well as we thought it's suppose to be or when we do not get what we want. He will provide us with other needs instead.
"God, help us be thankful and understand Your motive for answering our needs instead of all our wants in life..."
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Prayer: Asked vs given (Wants vs. needs)
Posted by starlightliz at 2:56 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Nice read:)
Kinda reminds me of my old blog those days..
Post a Comment