My heart desire and my prayer was to be mentored or be in a menotoring group. Also, to mentor someone or a group of gals, to bring them up to be a women after God's heart. I am sure that in the future, I would be mentoring my husband (he will mentor me as well) and my kids, physically, emotionally and spiritually! =)
I am excited to be in this journey. I have been mentoring someone, but I feel as if I haven't done enough because I do not really know how to mentor. I want to do more than what we are doing now. I want to go into a deeper level of transparency and mentoring relationship with the person. I longed to be mentored as well. I guess I was mentored by my parents, my ex-cell leader during secondary years and cell leader in PreU but I feel I needed more than just that... The mentoring that I am seeking for is like, really keeping each other accountable for the things we do, and bringing up each other spiritually, sharing our hearts out, our desires and problems. It need not be one-on-one but maybe a small group of gals, perhaps. I am looking for such mentoring setting, relationship or group.
I don't know where to look for it. Been praying about it for a while and I think it is essential for me and others that I am mentoring and one day will mentor more as well, in the coming days. This is one of my passion and desire. That the mentoring relationship will not be one-way but both ways and also, running together for years! Building the friendship, the closeness with one another and trust among each other.
In the other hand, I am afraid of being mentored because at times, I am afraid that people would see me for who I am underneath the mask and they would view me differently. Perhaps, such sins that they never thought I would have commited. It is scary if you think about it. But I am starting to learn to unmask myself (which is a progress). It also means that I need to leave my comfort zone to deal with the issues of the self (which I know I have to deal with a lot of things in myself and change of character).
I am afraid and yet I know there is a need for it. Mentoring is not to be taken lightly because people learn from you and people look up to ya. Also, you are shaping the person. No wonder, there is a need to pray before mentoring someone or pray about the people who are mentoring ya, because God knows best and knows who are the people that can really build us up in our lives.
So, Lord please help me on my search and journey of mentoring that I will soon discover and let it be centered around you.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Mentoring
Posted by starlightliz at 1:07 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment