I was really looking forward for the Raya holidays... I was hoping that I am able to hang out with some of my friends & perhaps, chill for that week. Boy, was I wrong... I don't have time for that at all. As a result of not starting my assignment from the beginning of the semester, I had to rush through my assignments. I have 3 assignments to be done...
- My informative speech for Publis Speaking
- Written term project on IBM
- Debate against the topic entitled "Women marry early to maximize childbearing rate"
I just realize something... I don't like the idea of studying, but I like studying. You get what I mean? In other words, if I have to study & I am forced to study, I actually enjoy the process of studying & absorbing information. But if I imagine myself studying, I would most likely imagine it as less enjoyable & a bore. Wierd eh? Anyone can relate to this. I am also starting to like exams now, perhaps because I know that if I have prepared for it, I can do reasonably well in it. I have more self-confidents in studies now as compared to last year.
I remembered my first semester, I struggled through because I do not know how to explain facts in my own words. I remembered the times I cried because I felt as if I didn't have a mind of my age (means maybe a lil dumber than my actual age; eg. a mind of a 15 year old in a 18 year old body). I didn't know how to analyze or think critically then. It was a whole new thing for me...
You know, in our government secondary school, we are often spoon fed. Teachers don't ask you to think. They just give you information after information for you to absorb & accept as facts. If you do ask too many questions, they will shut you up & criticize you for asking stupid questions. In colleges, you are required to think for your own... your own thoughts & opinions, do your own research & cross referencing. I won't say it's a WHOLE BIG change because at times they do still spoon feed ya. It'll probably be a MUCH BIGGER CHANGE, after you transfer to a foreign land to further your studies.
When you are in an unknown land, with different environment, different atmosphere, different people, different culture, different lecturers... different LEARNING STYLE.. How are you gonna adapt? Well, you just have to catch up as fast as you can. But always know that there would be peeps from your home or maybe elsewhere studying as well, supporting ya in whatever you do.

9 comments:
Hey liz, if you are working on IBM, I have a book written by their former CEO, Loius V Gersner. If you like I can lend it to you?
Hey gal.. Seriously speaking, I prefer exam orientated course rather than assignment orientated.. Coz I don't like to do assignments and projects, and I'm terrible in group projects.. You could say I go easier with individual work lah.. But of course in uni they encourage self study and group discussion bla bla.. Oh yeah, and this thing called Problem-Based Learning.. Guess I have to start learning to be independent.. Heehee..
Thinking critically is somewhat the ability to understand things that many accept in reality. Like math.... Whats the point in memorizing all the formulas without trying to understand them?
Malaysian Education
(Integration in calculus).
The integral of x^2 + 2x + 3 would be 2x+2. You get that because its stated in the math text book. All you need to do is read that chapter 100 times, and you surely pass spm
Malaysian Students
What 'inte..grass'?? what?? I only know what 'Inte..rnet' is. Read math textbook? Cheee sin lah!
Conclusion
90% fail add maths. =).
Extra Info
Kenneth didn't take spm (^_^)
HAHAHA!!.. I'm nuts.. No lah.. Just that Ken's post is funny.. Jon's one even better...
sorry, i meant 'differential'.
good grief. I swear I'm getting dumber as the days go by.
Malaysia Boleh!
Infatuation....
Thank you!
[url=http://bvlisyoj.com/uwpf/qlcd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zvihqpku.com/cuuh/hgva.html]Cool site[/url]
Well done!
My homepage | Please visit
Great work!
http://bvlisyoj.com/uwpf/qlcd.html | http://bvdkkoci.com/hcdt/icly.html
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
Post a Comment