I'm moved & touched by my cell mates. They are always supportive & are willing to give a hand when help is needed (actually, both hands, not just one) ^_^ I am so proud of them & so glad that I have an oppurtunity to serve with them.
I know very well that many may think that I am inadequate. I remember when I told my parents & bro, last night during dinner that I may lead CG soon, they kinda laughed a bit. Well, I don't really mind... I expected that kind of response (well, at least they responded something!). It doesn't really hurt me because I know myself that I am not that 'chun' kinda leader, outspoken, able to motivate members and give a super powerful speech which may influence others. I guess that's the mentality of what a leader should be for many peeps.
I had a friend who read my blog yesterday and asked me about it. He said that he would support me & help me to become the best leader. He & another friend of mine, discussed before about me being a leader & I was told that there weren't many positive comments. It hurt a bit, but it's ok 'cuz I know where my standards are... I know where I stand in being a leader. He then continued by saying that I need to prove myself to both of them, and I would think that many others too wants some proof as well.
I thought about that message for a while. Something was wrong there... I know since my teenage years, I've always have this urge of proving to people that I am a person that is capable & able to live my own life independantly. But then, something else was in my mind yesterdat as I read the message... Something different, not I would expect from myself. Perhaps it was the prompting of the Holy Spirit in me...
I replied back to my friend...
"Bro... My aim is not to be the BEST leader but rather DO MY BEST to become one & lead others. I know very well that I am inadequate but I also know that I can depend on His adequacy. I don't know why He is using me, but I'll let Him anyway. Yes, certianly I'll be open to learn. One thing I realized is that I don't need to prove anyone anything 'cause this is not about me but Him. I'm reminded by Moses on how God used him when he was first reluctant & felt inadequate too. God had faith in him & so does He on me".
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Not be the BEST but DO MY BEST!
Posted by starlightliz at 7:50 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The strongest people are not necessarily the people who always win, but rather the people who never give up even when they lose.
Don't be too hard on yourself. CG is meant to be fun and enlightening. If you're not having fun, how can we? Don't worry about it. You'll do fine . You always have =)
I agree with Ken.. It's not easy to lead.. YOu're trying your best.. We should be giving you credit to actually take up the challenge to lead, I don't think i would have the courage like yours...
Tht's right,No leader could ever say, "yes i'm the best, and i can achieve all!" Those who says that are infact weak and proud. Read Luke9:48...Ken is right, don't give up. JUst ask for strength ok? We will eb supporting us a cell. Keep this verse with you...2 verses. Matt20:26-28
Thanks you guys & gal! ^_^ Proud to have ya all as my cellies. May we establish bonds that can last (till we get married, have kids, have grandkids... etc etc) hehe =P & cont to encourage & support one another in times of need =)
Thanks for having such faith on me! Luv ya all *group hugg*
congratulation lisa may be god is calling u to be a leader and dont worry he have a plan and destiny for us remember be strong and be bold pray before you lead your cg as for me iam planning to serve in our church ushering ministry may be god have called me many times but cause of my stuberness and not willing to move so i finally decided to serve him as he lead me to the new leavel pray that i will be bold and strong in ansewring god calling and favior apon me dont be like me ok
lizzie, ur life really encourage me a lot. i always lack of confidence when i have speak english in front people especially in cg.But through the word that' Not be the BEST but DO MY BEST'.In GOD's eyes, He have the BEST plan 4 us. He will always guide us. Thans GOD let me be a member in HIS family. By HIS grace and mercy, we will have a fruitful life in the earth. Amen. wish that u continue to grow in cg and be the best leader and expand God's kingdom.
Post a Comment