Blessed New Year to all!
I guess as every year, many others & I myself would like to accomplish somethings before the year ends...
My worship leader asked us, what is our New Year resolution... I wasn't sure what to answer at first because I always break or fail to accomplish my NY's resolutions (esp doing it consistently). My even friend put this up in his MSN, "This year I resolve to never make any new year's resolutions again". But I learn something important from the daily devotion I started reading 2 week ago.
We always make NY's resolution, we keep recommitting ourselves & make promises that we'll try do better and harder this year. Nuthin wrong with that. Seriously. If we can, it'll be good and we all need direction in life.. We need a vision. Without it, we would be running aimlessly in our lives. But in the book, the author also stated something that captured my attention. "If your resolve to obey God last year did not help you to be faithful, it will not make you sucessful this year", cited by Henry T. Blackaby & ricahrd Blackaby. I wouldn't take that word as an absolute but in some measure, it does make sense. That doesn't mean that we should totally give up on trying to obey Him and all. Perhaps, there is something else that God wants us to focus on...
Jesus, asked Peter for love. "Do you love me?" I guess it makes it easier for everything to fall into place if we truly love him- obedience (Jn 14:15), service, commitment, faithfulness will all come together.
But how do we love this God that we can't see? How do we reach out to this invisible God? Of course, it wouldn't be easy as it is. We may fumble & doubt at times. It's part of growing in this relationship with our Father. I mean, in a dating relationship for instance, wouldn't you have some sort of problems along the way? From time to time, wouldn't there be a sense of doubt in the person especially when you 2 have fought? It is indeed, very hard to cultivate a relationship with this God, unless you truly believe that He exist by faith & also understand why you believe so.
There would be questions unanswered about God, faith & the things that He has made. So many things we can't truly weigh whether it's right or the wrong or what should we do in certain situations. Our understanding is so little compared to God. We can't comprehend the answers to all the questions, what He has planned for all of us, why He do the things He does... You know what? Get used to the questions in your head. At times, there is just no ONE answer that you can depend on but many possibilities to the answer. If we know all the answers to the questions, God wouldn't be God... We could be gods instead...
"Loving You, O God.. can be the hardest thing to do. But I pray that somehow, someway, You reaffirm us of Your love and help us to learn to love you more and may all the rest- obedience, faithfulness, service & may everything else fall into place. Because if my focus is in You, I know that You would slowly guide me to places I never would expect, and also I am able to accomplish what You want in my life... Your will, instead of mine. I know that sometimes you have to break us, to turn to you, listen to what You have to say & be clear on what You want us to do & do be. Through brokenness, we are able to see healing on the way. We are able to see many great things, if we humble ourselves down to You & see it all in Your eyes instead of ours. I pray that You would help me & others who face the same problem of truly putting the fullest faith in You or have the difficulty or reaching & loving You... to make this relationship really work & sustain it. I pray that You would keep us in touch with You, though it is our choice to do so, Lord, I pray that You would not lose touch with us. Help me... to love You more & more... Jesus Name, Amen."
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Loving You
Posted by starlightliz at 2:17 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
for my restoulation is faithfull in reading his words and serving in whatever ministry iam in
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP sex toys Hp photosmart m407xi - digital camera
Post a Comment