I spent the past 3 days, most of the time at home.
Sat I went exercise in the morning @ Kiara Park, from 8.15am - 9.15am. Came back and stayed home the whole day.
Sun was out for church activities from 9am - 4pm, and then spent the evening till night at home.
Mon whole day until evening, I was home!
I am getting the feel of Adelaide environment, whereby at night, you totally have nothing to do. No night life there unless I go to the bar or go for clubbing.
The past 3 days I got to just rested & chilled. I got to watch 2 DVD movies each day, at home!!! Woohoo!!! I got to organize my files in my comp, reorganize all my music CDs in my room & also pack for THE TRIP.
I think my parents were really surprised that I didn't have any plans during the weekends & I was actually at home, the last few days. Even when some of my friends called and asked where I am & what was I doing, I responded "at home-la... watching TV". There was silence for a moment there. I could sense that they were kinda surprised. If I'm not mistaken, one or two even asked "oh, not going out meh/no plans?"
How am I gonna survive Adelaide if I can't survive being alone even here???
I think I did okay the past few days. I gotta admit, it was pretty boring and usually I get calls to hang out for makan or what-so-ever. In addition, it got me thinking of certain memories.. sad + happy. You know when you have nothing to do, your mind will wonder off!!! -_-
However, I am grateful as well that I had those days off. It really helped me rest physically, mentally & emotionally. I think my sickness got better because I had more rest & I took more steps to take care of it. Also, even though thinking & reflecting isn't really my favorite past time, 'cuz sometimes it can be depressing, but it helps to deal with 'reality' & understand my own current state/wellbeing now. As for the mental part, I didn't have to think or stress myself out, planning events for my ministries or worry about my schedule for the week. At last!!!! XD
Staying at home with my parents, without my brother, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as well. I was so afraid of getting nagged everyday but so far, it has been good. I try to be at home at night when they are in, spend time with them during dinner, try to pick up more responsibilities at home & help whatever I can in whatever they need.
I miss my bro! :( My friends noticed that the house has been really quiet since he left.
Last Sat I smsed him, and this was one of his replied...
"... everything ok here. Be good ah at home! Don't susahkan mum and pa".
LOL! Wanna kena smack ni! :) He never fails to humor us, even when he is not around.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Days of rest
Posted by starlightliz at 3:43 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
hey. i think, i had never left any comments in your blog. well, now.. just dropping by to say... hmm... gonna miss ya when you go off. enjoy your one year there... as for the rest of the message.. u'll get it later. = )
Post a Comment