Firstly, I would like to say that I feel upset because my face doesn't seem to get better!!! >_< My face is still smooth but I don't know why some parts are still red!!! How long will it take to heal? I hope it'll be gone in a few days time!!!
I realized that if a girl change her looks, only the girl friends would be able to notice what is different about the look.. they are most of the time correct. Some guys may know know that there is a difference but don't know where or what is it! I was told my my guy friend about this as well. We were discussing it in his car. For example, when I did facial, they did my eyebrows as well. Okie ler.. it's quite memalu-fying for me when people notice something different about me (esp if the guys did), because I become more self-concious. I've never done many changes about my looks, style or clothes before last year. However, recently, I've made some obvious changes on my looks such as wearing sleeveless, hair straightening, putting on a bit more make up (depends on where & when), and now, the eyebrows trim. Anyway, the girls noticed it right away & the when my friend (a gal), asked the guys, whether I looked different, they can't tell the difference! Most don't see ANY difference! LOL!
Many of my girl friends seem to think that I look really good, with the changes I've made. Though so, I don't know why I still feel malu & feel like covering my face at times. Maybe cause I never thought I would be interested in these maintaining external beauty or trying to beautify myself. I want to look good in the inside as well as the outside. I never did really care about it before, but I seem to do now. My close guy friends from secondary school, who usually pick on me, seem to think that I am getting vain-er. Well, I gotta admit, I am. Though so, I don't like to admit it because I was afraid that, the guys would laugh at me for becoming more... gal... esp the ones who has known you for ages! They always seem to laugh at me.. >_<
I think taking care of your own skin is not a crime. It's how much you pay attention to it. Too much and too little of attention is bad. There must always be a balance. I think there is a need to look pleasant & presentable. Self-presentation is important & we should take care of our skin & body as well as possible, because these are gifts from God. We are given the responsibility to take care of our own bodies & looks. We owe it up to God to look & be beautiful because we are made beautiful by Him :) However, remember, balance!!! Don't worship yourself or the make up/beautifying objects.
You don't need make-up all the time to look good. Sometimes, simplicity serves the best.
I think there are 2 things that can really enhance your looks!
What shines through most is your self-confidence. It's like if you are walking tall, you are able to enhance your physical looks/features, even if you look chubby (perhaps like me). I should think so :) I'm trying to advice myself to lift my head up and be more confident when I carry myself out. If you always look down & use your hair to cover your face (hhmm yes, talking about me.. also, like Invisible Gal from the cartoon movie, Invinsibles! I do feel like her sometimes) and being afraid of showing your face, I would just feel worst about myself & it'll enhance your flaws more instead.
2ndly, I learnt that smiles does wonders :) Smiles can send vibes to others! *LOL!* It attracts people to you. Smiles can make a difference in people's lives. Beauty can be seen through the genuine & sincere smiles. Smiles will always make a person look great, presentable & pleasant. You may put as much make up as you want to beautify yourself, but if you don't smile or have any self confidence, who is going to notice?
Hehe anyway, this is sort of random. My brain is shutting down. I hope what I said made sense.
So, I'm gonna keep reminding myself, be confident & smile!!!! XD
With make up or no make up. Will new style or old style. Just do it gal!!!
It's fun to try new things on your looks & be adventurous a bit as a girl to pamper myself in beautification! (is there such word?)
After all, I am still a girl, aren't I? I am ok! -_- No quest about it.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Taking Notice of Physical Change
Posted by starlightliz at 5:47 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
tengok lah. You hang around guys too long, you start to forget your own gender.
Wanna swap places? ROFL
Ken, you want to swap place, as in be a gal??? or be the gal in a batang group? *LOL!!!*
They both have their perks. Of course, the second is preferred.
yeah man...too batang not good. canot tahan.
I think you're just fine the way you are :)
How's Aussie? Hope you've settled in already.
Thanks so much David :)
Yepz, am doing well in Aussie XD Can't wait for classes to started
Post a Comment