BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Different People during Different Seasons

I realized that I get close to different people during different seasons this year.
I had different cliques during different seasons.
Different close circle of friends during different seasons.
Different close buddy during different seasons.

Summer... Autumn... Winter and now.. Spring.

What happened to all these friendships? Well, it's still there :)
Many things can happen and change within season.
I'm not too sure about others... but I know I've changed... my thoughts have changed.. my heart have changed... My emotions are ever-changing.. Sometimes it just drives me nuts!

I wonder whether it'll be the same for this season.. and the next and the next...
I see all these changes and wonder.. is there anything that does not change...
I'm tired of changes... I really am...

When you see so many things around you change, you just want something that is still and unchanged. Then, you'll appreciate the value of whatever that is still in your heart. I need something that is worth keeping still for... that I know I can hold on to... Something stable, consistent, unchanging.. something that remains the same, yesterday, today, tomorrow... few days later, months later.. or years later.. forever.

God is... Unchanging. Stable. The same. Consistent.
Why aren't we looking to Him... when we need stillness in our lives?
He reminds that though there are changes, and there is a need to have changes in our lives... there are somethings that stays the same. He stays the same. He reminds us through His creation.. sun rise & sun sets.. the timing for these events may change... but the sun still rises and the sun still sets, each and everyday.

Realize that these things does not matter to us when we are not still. We don't get to appreciate sun sets or sun rise if we do not sit still to just look at the horizon and wait for the time, the right timing when it actually happens... the rising and the setting. It's the same with God.. if we keep focusing on all the changes in our lives.. how can we tend to lose focus or lose our appreciation on something that is unchanging in our lives. Don't ya think so?

Why do we set our eyes on Him?
His heart and love for us remains the same. His grace and mercy never changes. Instead, it is renewed each and everyday for us.
His character never changes, though He has many many different ideas for different people, different nations, in which would make a difference to people and to work around His purposes.
He is still our God today, yesterday, tomorrow and forevermore.
He is still there... whether we want Him to be there a not.

That's the God we believe in. The One, and Only.. Unchanging God.
That though everything else in our lives seem to change... we know we can rely on something that doesn't change... Our Father in Heaven, The Lord Jesus Christ.

0 comments: