BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 12, 2008

2007 (continuation...)

Adventure
The first year I went overseas to study, is the year I had so much fun traveling with/became close to my heart. I am thankful that they would have me join the trips. I feel so blessed! :) The year alone, I went to Melbourne twice (April & Nov-Dec '07), Gold Coast/Brisbane (Sept '07), houseboat trip in Adelaide (July '07), 3 church camps (March, July, Dec '07), visited around Adelaide with different groups of friends - OCF budz, university budz and house mate, bf + friend. I thank God for the opportunity to travel with these people and enjoy traveling. Each vacation I went for, left memories... :) Through these adventures I learnt heaps about myself too.

Adventures are self-discoveries as well.


Independence
Being in a foreign place without my family and many people I really know, taught me so so much. Before going to Aus, I do not know how to live on my own. I didn't know how to cook, to clean... When I shared house with 2 other housemates, we had chores t do each day. So I had to learn to be more responsible and to clean the house. I learnt cooking from mum when she was in Aus with me for that couple of days to help me assimilate into a new home and place. I learnt to di laundry from housemates. Yes, I've never done any of these chores before until I stepped foot in Aus because at home, everything was provided for. We had a maid to do the cooking and cleaning for us. I was out so often, that I didn't pay much attention to prepare myself for my independence in Aus.

Well, with the independence I had in Aus, comes decisions in which I have to make as well. Independence on how I spend my time, how I handle my last year of uni, on the people I choose to mix with, how I want to live my life... etc. I won't say that I've done everything perfectly. I did some rights and some wrongs... but the experiences have taught me well. I'm learning to make the right decisions now because I realize that decisions doesn't only affect myself then, but the person I wanna be in the future and the people around me.

Independence is not easy to come by for some. Learn from it and live it out when you have the opportunity.


Freedom
With the freedom I have, I believe comes responsibility as well. I know that freedom doesn't come easy... but when I had all the freedom in Aus, I almost went crazy. LOL! Again, choices have to be made on the freedom I possess. Really, what is freedom? Does freedom come without boundaries? I can say that freedom without boundaries will lead to destruction, because you just can't differentiate what's right and wrong. Freedom without boundaries, made me feel happy for a moment because I can do anything I want! But soon I realize, that there really is no joy in my life because I do not seem to be governing my own life. Not all that comes along are good.

"Everything might be permissible, but not everything is beneficial"


Perseverance
I learnt to persevere in studies and hardships with others. It was so tough when you are facing assignments and examinations, when at the same time, everything else in your life came crumbling down as well. Everything that you've known and understood are at lost, and when you know that you're not doing the best you can or have no strength to continue on... I learnt not to rely on my own strength. I had friends and family who supported me through (in Aus, M'sia, wherever they may be), and esp God to keep me sane and cont to push me to live on.. persevere and not give up. I admire my mum's perseverance in all that she does and I thought to myself, if she can do it, I can too. My mum was like the living proof of success, after all the hardships she went through.

Perseverance... to push on, to do the things which seem impossible at the moment. To push through even when you don't see the end result yet, but trust that it is there. It's easier to persist when there is a goal ahead, when you can see a result at the end of what you're doing. Pushing through whatever that comes your way, and persisting in finishing the race.. finishing whatever that you've started. I felt the joy of persevering and it was all worth it!

Persevere with someone whom you think would push you beyond what you THINK you can do or are capable of, and help you to continue reaching your goal until the end.


Home/Family
When I was down and lonely, when I was hurt and was in the pit... When I fell into depression in Aus, home and family was the only place I felt belonged in. When friendships seem so shaky, when I felt I couldn't trust anyone, I was crushed with many issues and people, I felt there were no were else I could turn to... but my family. No one else could compensate the love that my family gave to me.

I've regretted so much that I didn't spend enough time with my family before I left Aus. When I was in Aus, they supported me from afar and when they knew what I was going through, they didn't blame me or point fingers to me.. but they continue to be patient and encourage me. I was surprised to hear their advices. I realized that they treat me, no longer a child but an adult. They've let go of me and asked me to make my own decisions for myself, but they were always there to support me through.

Mum was my inspiration to cont to press on and persevere through hardships. Dad was there to provide wisdom on taking ownership of my life and decisions. Bro... well, he nags me, but I know that he cares and worries so much for me :) I really really love them and I thank God for wonderful parents and bro.

The ones at home are the ones who should know & understand you the most.

0 comments: