It was rather interesting yesterday! ^_^ We needed to do 4 more quizzes for our Abnormal Psyc... and so, we did! Well, sort of... through playing charades and win/lose draw (pictionary) IN CLASS =P hehehe we did taboo before.. Let me remind you, this is part of our assessment... it's for 2 of our quizzes marks (10 marks)... Hehe but we didn't really score well la... However, I have to admit, it is really fun and exciting way to learn. I know perhaps they have more of these kinds of fun activities in US primary or high schools but never before in Malaysia!!! We intergrated boardgames with lessons... in University College!!! hehehe =P *i am still trying to digest that fact*
My lecturer, classmates and I had a great time guessing what others tried to act/draw, laughing and enjoying ourselves with the pictures people in each team drew or act. Entertaining! Boy, I don't think that I can ever forget this 'class' experience. For those who wants to be a future teacher, this can be one of your ideas, ya know ; ) Don't just stick to the standard, rigid way of teaching. Think beyond the box.
I believe that if u teach ur students creatively, they are able to learn better. There are pros and cons of trying something new (con= Using students as guinea pigs =p *jk*) and using the usual, standard way... I guess, the best would be a combination of those two ^_^
This lecturer of mine is really really good. When she teaches, she explains and illustrate her points well. She doesn't go around the bush. Straight cut... not the type of lecturers that would copy their notes from the textbook or take textbook examples. Her examples are always related to life application. You don't even need to buy the textbook, if you attend her class!!! I really respect her! Everyone does. Don't be fooled by her size. She may be small in statue, but she's known for her tough personality. She induce fear in her students. She earns her respect. Stick by her rules or get eaten alive >_<>
She is also considerate enough to postpone our assignments because she knows that since some of her class students maybe presenting for Research Colloqioum last Saturday and all her students are compulsary to attend it, she gave us more time to finish up our assignments. She can be really really cute when she teach. I notice that she loves teaching... and whenever she doesn't seem to have the mood at the beginning of the class, towards the middle and end, you can see her enjoying herself as she teaches. Maybe I am wrong... but anyone else noticed that? *whoever who knows this lecturer of mine* Well, that's what I got from what I observed =P
I think that lecturer who enjoys his or her teaching work, and are are able to put up with brats like us are well-respected lecturers *salute*
Monday, November 21, 2005
Entertaining way of learning
Posted by starlightliz at 11:30 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Cadillac sls 1996 parts glossaire des dieux latins Tiny penis sex Playa nova spain condos a backpacks fitness phoenix arizona soccer argentina Discount car rental colorado
What a great site Westin roof rack Propecia santa rosa 1st gear synchro porsche 911 allegra print rocky mount Charm key rings Battery clock pendulum Pornstars hermosas Australian kangaroos rugby league shirt for cheap prices http://www.scrabble-words.info/Bob-stahl-chevrolet.html California mortgage brokers association
Post a Comment