BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Can't stand myself! MakeOVER needed

I know, it has been a while since I've updated my blog. Assignments have been driving me nuts!!! *I wish I can be alergic to assignments as I am allergic to peanuts or groundnuts* I can't believe it's already November! Dear, oh dear, time sure passes by really fast. Next thing I know, I have grandkids running around me and jumping on my lap, asking me to tell them a story >_<>

I've been a zombie last few days trying to finish up my assignments. I am really surprised that I have not fall seriously ill yet. Usually, I am the weakest in my family, in term of health. This is a result of being overly active (always going out because of meetings, practices, etc etc..)- not enough rest for the body & my terrible lifestyle- sleeping extremely late, eating irregularly (sometimes eat too much & other times, skip meals), also not really responsible with my work- all the "last minutes" in the world! I guess that define my life. They say it's a typical student's life. I am surprised though, to find that many of my friends fall sick more often than I do, this year.

I realize that I can't live like any longer. It's ruining my life. I don't want to live a slacking life... known as the lazy, irresponsible girl, undependable person... Heck, my younger brother is more responsible & dependable than I am. I even get scolded by him often. Would you believe it if I told you that he taught me how to save money early this year? Yep, he did. How am I gonna do my best or put in my best if I live this way? How am I gonna live a life of virtue, aiming to live a life of excellence (the best that I can be), if I don't change my lifestyle? I am too comfortable with where I am... yet overly burdened with all these nonsense. *sheesh* and they say, the oldest in the family are usually the independant, responsible one. So, not!

Hmmm... I so want to have a 'makeover'. No, not the dressing. I think the way I dress is good enough (as long as I am comfortable - though my friends did say that I don't really have much fashion sense >_< & some of my clothes make me look aunty *hehehe* dat's kinda funny ^_^). No, not the make-up, makeover. Makes me all concious & I'm sure many would agree that natural beauty is the best ya! =P As much as I would love to highlight my hair purplish-red or st
aightened it, the cost will kill me. The "MAKEOVER" I am talking about is the way I carry myself... the way, I organize my thoughts, the way I live my life... My life needs straightening up. I so so so need discipline.

I realize now, why discipline is so important. Never quite understood why last time. I am always craving for freedom, for some reason. Not that I do not have it... I do, really.. but I wish that I could have more.. But I know if I got my hands with too much freedom, I'll go outta control. I can be a hyperly active and *WILD* kid, for those who really know me (I think I hear some of my friends snickering & laughing at me). I know quite well that I am capable of abusing my freedom. Now the phrase make more sense to me. With great power, comes great responsibility as well *Spidey's phrase* This includes the power of freedom. Seem contradicting, huh?

Yepz. I hope that I can start the makeover after my sem ends. Need some time to think about my life.. reflect on it.. I don't wanna regret during the last minute of my life, on my deathbed. I wanna look back and tell myself, tell God and the peeps aroud me, I lived a life that I can be proud of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal.. That seriously sounds like a new year resolution!! Haha, we've all have our ways of doing things, and as a student, we're bound to live a lifestyle like yours.. But it's really good that you decided to do a "makeover"... That you wanna change for what you believe is better... My support for ya all the way!!

George said...

I understand how u feel, as many of us go through that phase, I'm still going through it.

I'll just share a bit of my limited experience la lol

Well, I learnt there's plenty more to learn if we want become disciplined, especially in terms of organizing ie planning.

As long as you have things planned out and you know what you need done, you're being that person you're aspiring to be.

"I realize now, why discipline is so important. Never quite understood why last time. I am always craving for freedom, for some reason."

Your words reflected my exact thoughts.

Haha I used to be sooo baad. Skipping classes, getting extensions and passing up half-assed assignments, not sleeping, ffk friends cuz i wanted to sleep or play games, being late for class, being late to meet people... the list goes on...

I couldn't take it lol... I learnt that life is nicer organized.

Not that I am right now, but I'm getting there!

What drove me to be this way can be said to be mostly guilt, and shame though. But then again, I aspired to be someone that people can count on. I wanted to be someone who can make things happen. I wanted to be able to take care of the people I love. So I wanted to be responsible.

Haha, end of rant.. I talk too much.. but hey I needed to get my ideas across. Take care Liz! :)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Ambien dependency Cash advance stores in illinois Kenmore water filter wf2cb size Best teen ass The effect of alcohol on blood pressure Bonds bills and inflation

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Saab winter kit Free frontpage hosting Military accounting tooth whitening Children + silver jewelry insurance Adipex diet pill prescription cialis for order asian schoolgirls