BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"Start A Family Young"

Heheh well the topic above, was my persuasive speech for today. I was suppose to present this speech in 3 and a half minute! No, the lecturer did not pick this topic for me. I picked the topic myself. How did I come up with it? I learnt it from Grace, 'kill two birds, with a stone' or something like that... My debate for Social Psyc paper was opposing the notion "Women should get married early to maximize child-bearing years". This time, for persuasive speech, I am supporting that notion.

So, about my speech... When I told them about the ideal age of starting a family, found on the online forum and what I think its ideal too, their jaw dropped... my answer: "Mid-20's". Mid-20's for women and for men, mid-20's - 30s... *did anyone's jaw here dropped? =P* I know some people, well, most people in this generation would disaprove. It seem so impossible to be able to support a family that age and probably the inidividual isn't mature enough. Well, of course it has it's advantages and disadvantages... That's where persuasion is important =P

Well, I strongly believe that parents age gap does play an important role in being able to connect with thier kids well. Maybe I should conduct such research to check. Anywayz, some may ask why do I believe in it strongly... Reason is, my parents are living proof of it. They got married and had me in their mid-20s. To be exact, the got married when they were 24 years old and had me when they were 27 years old... and my brother, 30 years old. Amazing, huh? ; )

I feel that I am able to have this connection with my parents now because the generation gap between us isn't too far apart. We have similar interest... I learnt to love jazz from my dad... My family learnt to use the computer through my mum (she's the comp expert in the house *hard to believe?* =P). We get to hang out a lot- watch Marvel movies are our favs, we play games- boardgames (scrabble), bowling, snooker, carom. Mum & I share clothes together.. well, now i hand-down my clothes to her la... I can't fit into her shoes- it's too small! >_<>

I'm not saying that if those with kids in their older age are unable to have this kind of connection with thier family. Perhaps, it seem harder for them to do so... Of course, there are other factors to how you are able to connect well with ur kids. I'm just saying that younger parents may have that kind of advantage. But of course, they themselves, must want to be involved in their children's life.

Wanna see one of my family pic?NZ pic about 2 years ago! Nice eh? I remembered that I was too scared to ride the horse myself. I needed someone else to pull and lead the horse for me. My parents and bro didn't need that! They controlled the horses themselves. So unfair!!! >_< Anywayz, I still had fun & the scenery there was beautiful- mountains high & low!

Reminded me of the song from Sister Act2- "ain't no mountains high enough, ain't no valleys low enough... nuthin can keep me... keep me from YOU" =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice picture......how i wish 1 day i can go NZ too.....last time my parents go NZ for 3 weeks and left me and sis alone.....but it was fun staying without parents ....hehe :P u scared horse huh?or horse scared u?hehe :P

Jason

Anonymous said...

That's so cute!! Whole family in horse-riding costume each with your own horses!! Cool!!