This year's Christmas is rather different than the previous years.
1) It is much quieter... because many of our relatives or perhaps close friends are not around to spend Christmas together. As a result, many may feel alone this Christmas. This is because it is said that you have to spend Christmas with the people you love, with the people close to ya...
So, does that mean that Christmas is nuthin without people? It sure feels that way. But what bout our communion with our Heavenly Father? Instead of the communion with peeps in the world?
2) Also, I realize that Christmas is not about presents... I remembered those times I put so much effort in making my friends gifts (cookies, bookmarks...). This year, it just didn't really matter as much as it did. I didn't have much time or even put my mind in making prezzies.
Don't get me wrong, I do love making & giving out of joy in my heart. I like to see people smile because they are being thought of & appreciated. Just that, in this fast-pace society & busyness in the world, we tend to forget what we really want to do & achieve in life at times. I did, prepare a few prezzies for my leaders to appreciate them & a just few of my friends. *I can count them with my fingers* I remembered last time I make sooo many.. as if I am santa clause.
3) Unlike the song...
"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
have a yuletide gay,
from now on, our troubles will be miles away..."
You realize that there are still people who struggle to live, that problems are still nearby though it's Christmas time... There are people who live elsewhere in the streets & have to struggle through the cold & windy night... Christians who knows God but feels as if He is just no where near... how bout those who doesn't know the true meaning of Christmas?
Then again, it's all in the person's perspective & view of life. Some people may live in such conditions and yet celebrate Christmas because they appreciate the little things in life... such as the air they breathe, a place to stay (though it may be on the streets...), food on the table for families or that they even have families at all & friends. We should all reflect back & be thankful for all the things that God has provided for us, inspite of the screw ups & the troubles that come our way. That makes our troubles less burdening because we focus more on being thankful from the bottom of our hearts as well as hope from God instead.
But, don't you agree it is sooo hard to put your mind to it? To think of positive thoughts when negative events strikes us?
4) Christmas is always focused on evangelistic events. Always focused on non-Christians. How bout us Christians? Did we forget the reason we celebrate Christmas? Is it all about the evangelism project & we forget the real reason ourselves? We can still celebrate without needing to make it as an evangelistive event. We still can enjoy ourselves with our fellow brothers & sisters & together share the spirit of Christmas. If we ourselves, can't enjoy Christmas or perhaps find it a burden because of the preparation we need to make and often fret that our friends can't make it for the party, how can others see the true Christmas in us? It's not wrong of course to invite non-Christians, of course. God will give oppurtunities & open doors. But, the spark of Christmas have to start from us.
That's what I learnt about Christmas this year.
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Chrismassy Spirit?
Posted by starlightliz at 3:10 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i agreed with u i often forgot to thank god for what he have done
for the leaders and pastors they have realy been an impacted in my life and spritual walk
Well, it's true that somehow, somewhere, we tend to forget the true meaning of christmas.
It's so commercialised nowadays. You see that the christmas decorations people used around are always santa, tree, bells and stuffs?? But not so much of the baby Jesus??
It makes us think that somehow to have christmas spirit around the place is by having these little decorations around. And that is not true.
Nice site!
[url=http://dbkbbros.com/kadg/ienl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://unnwrhgp.com/oyti/ntpv.html]Cool site[/url]
Great work!
My homepage | Please visit
Good design!
http://dbkbbros.com/kadg/ienl.html | http://dtzmmils.com/xfdc/lbdl.html
Post a Comment