I went for a retreat with my worship team last weekend to Malacca. I'm a Malaysian, yet it was my first time visiting the historical places. Malaysia started off in Malacca *correct rite?* =P As you can see, I can't even remember much on the history of M'sia. Terrible me...
Anywayz, we had loads of fun there. The only thing that I was worried was the food there. I had a bad experience in Malacca when I was younger because I had food alergy. As a result of that, I am extra careful when it comes to ordering food and eating them. Oh, do you know that Malacca's food is way cheaper than KL's food? We were so surprised with the price there. Unfortunately, one of our members actually commented too loudly, until the owner of the mamak stall heard it as well *haha* =P And so, my leader quickly rectify the situation by telling the owner that the price was REASONABLE (cheap sounds quite insulting, you see).
In this retreat I got to know my group of youth worship team well. We call ourselves FLARE by the way. I can tell you... they are super siao!!! *means crazy in S'porean term* They can be increadibly noisy and they are as playful as kids. SERIOUS! Oh, not to mention, they all LOVE food! heheheh =P yeah... I guess that's what you call a true Malaysian. It's great that I was able to see like the 'true' side of them and also, we had this session whereby, we shared our 'timeline' as in, sharing about our lives within that 19 years? (well for me la.. the rest may be longer cuz they are older) & what event played a significant roles in our lives. Listening to them telling their stories help us understand each other better as we know where the person come from & how he or she was brought up. We see how different people become who they are now because of experiences and the environment they were or are living in now.
By the way, we prepared our own breakfast. As some of you may know, I don't usually prepare my own food. I am learning now though.. and I gotta admit, though it's kinda tiresome, it is kinda fun as well.. especially when you have peeps doing it with ya. We created this sandwich.. which only cost us 17 bucks for the whole thing (inc. bread, butter, mayonise...) I don't have the pics now, but I'll put it on, when I get it from my fellowmates. It looks good and most importantly, taste good as well! Of course, the gals, won the breakfast/sandwich competition because the guys boasted too much for having more expenditure cost but forgotten to put their teriyaki chicken into the refrigerator!!! *hhahaha* But we were merciful enough to make sandwiches for them as well..
Well, yeah.. that's about it for the retreat. I just regret that I am not such a chatty person. I was most of the time quite quiet... but I really do enjoy and had fun myself being with them, observing their conduct & listening to their conversations and life stories. I had a great time there. Plus, they celebrated my birthday there! I am so so touched! ^_^
Will be back with more pics the next time =)
Friday, December 16, 2005
Cuti-cuti Malaysia
Posted by starlightliz at 2:16 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment