This whole week, I've been strangely relaxed though my exam starts on Saturday!!! *ooohh the peace of God, must be upon me* I've been sleeping a lot and find it really hard to get up. The duration of my nap time was supposed to be only half an hour to an hour... I ended up sleeping for about 2-3 hours!!! I really wonder... is my body trying to catch up on my sleepless nights, weeks before that, or is my brain just mentally dead? meaning too lazy & tired to think or do anything... *wake up sleeping beauty, SMACK*
I wish that I can sleep forever and dream dreams that all seem so real & wonderful. In reality, life is just not that way. You get smacked by problem after problem, dwell upon issues over issues & finally ask yourself once again... "what is life really about? What is the most important thing about life that God wants us to know or learn? What is His core message?"
We have dreams which seem impossible to reach, identity crisis "who am I? What am I doing here? Is this me... like ME?", searching for love & acceptance everywhere, trying to be 'special' or different from the rest or perhaps, catching up with the flow.... We have so many things bombarded in our faces... and at times, all i wanna do is just be shut off from all these things & just sleep on it. The world will still go on rite? What difference will it make if I just sleep through it?
Will there be a difference? What does God have to say about it? God wants us to "WAKE UP!!!" look around, face it, don't shut off from it. You may not be of the world, but you are still in it. I'm not saying that sleeping is bad at all.. don't get me wrong. People have to rest... we have to rest spiritually and wait upon the Lord as well or we'll be totally burn out.. but don't hide in your comfort... "Look at things around you with MY perspective", says the Lord, perhaps then, things would be much different. Your heart goes out to others rather than being focused on yourself 'cuz life is not all bout me, me, me...
So, wake up from the things that you're doing, or have done that you know it's not favourable in His eyes. Wake up to see the difference between reality and fantasy. Wake up and look around... and see what is truly happening in this world, He has made. Wake up from dreams and make your dream come true instead. Wake up and see the ones who are in need more than you do. At last, wake up and see what God has prepared for ya...
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Wake up, Sleeping beauty...
Posted by starlightliz at 11:49 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I think I'm sleeping too much... but then again, not dreaming much.
I guess everyone has to wake up from something, realize things that need change. Sometimes it takes something drastic to impact their lives to wake them up. I wonder what mine is .. lol
Post a Comment