I had a long talk with my best friend today. I missed her so much! We talked for hours about life & things that matters to us. Can't believe we are already 'young ladies'. I love seeing all my friends grow and I'm so glad to hear that she has made so much difference in people's lives... She learnt so much about God, life, relationships etc. I see the radiance in her, though her life wasn't all that good or high. Most of all, I respect her for knowing what she wants in life, knowing what she can achieve and do & make a difference in her life and people around her. She really inspires the gals, the younger ones.. bring them hope and support them in so many ways. She has a reason to live.
When I look back into my life. I feel as if, I am the opposite of her. I am still insecure of what my future will be. I am most of the time confused with my own identity and what I want for myself even. I feel as if there is no reason for me to live. Let's face some facts... I am not much of a person whom "make a difference" wherever I go or whatever I do. I don't do much inspiring cuz I just don't know what to say most of the time, whether advice ppl or make them feel better. The best I can do, "I'll be your friend & will be here" (which sometimes, I get into trouble with as well). hehe I don't know what I want in life.. I don't even know what God wants from me!
Sometimes, I just feel so tired of living. I am not much use in this world anyway. So, wouldn't make much of a difference if I am gone, rite? Why O why, am I here in the first place? I seem to hurt those whom I seem to be making a difference in their lives (at first). So, there's not much of a positive differences there. I don't know what am I doing here. Okay.. besides, serving Him in ministries, worshipping Him and all. What else is there in life for me? Even as a CG leader, I am not an outstanding one. I am supposed to bring change but I am not doing much in CG as well to encourage or bring change.
I wanna live my life with a purpose.. knowing what I have to do & be bold to do it. Perhaps I do know but I swept it under a rug because I was afraid that I wouldn't be strong or courageous enough to be different. Somehow, something inside of me is whispering to my soul, "you can be more than you think you are". Why do I find it hard to believe? Because it doesn't seem evident enough?
Sometimes, just wanna give up ya know. But, I can't yet. There has to be a reason, rite? And I'll never know if I throw my life away. I do wonder if I am gone, what will I be missed for? Will or have I be a good testimony in people's lives? I don't know.. but I sure hope that God will be evident in my life.. cuz I am not living for myself but for Him.. and His Name will be lifted up through the things He did in me (whether with or without my knowledge).
I do hope that... I made a difference in a lil things I do...
Hopefully it'll be a lil more clear to me on why I am still here & learn of the reason to live.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Reason to Live?
Posted by starlightliz at 3:29 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Reason 1 : Jesus.
I still remember the song we sang for christmas.
We were the reason that He gave His life,
We were the reason that He suffered and died,
To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give,
To show us the reason to live.
There are times when we don't see the reason we're here, what's our purpose and how to fulfill it. Jesus exchanged our burdens and pains to give us joy, while He took it all on Him. THAT is a good reason to live. (I just attended the IMU easter party yesterday and Holy Spirit really spoke to me...)
Reson 2 : Me!!
Where would I be without you gal... How I walk with God was largely influenced by you... My good ol' mentor... YOu change one life!! My life!!
Don't be too hard on yourself as you learn in life. YOu'll find your cut one day.
u know what... that exact song "Reason To Live" came to my mind as i read ur blog, BEFORE reading fun's comment.
I guess it kinda confirms that the Holy Spirit wanna tell u tis: Jesus is the reason u n i live today. Not for urself, no... we don't live for ourself, as it is written "I no longer lives, but Christ lives in me." Galatians 2.20
The fact that we r still breathing, our hearts r still beating n all.... it testifies 2 things: firstly of His divine grace, that He sustains us all this while. Secondly, that we still have unfinish business on this earth. God is not done with us yet, we still have important roles to play here on earth. Or else lets face it, if otherwise, He'll just zap all of us to heaven to be in His presence by now.
So, dun be too hard on yourself concerning tis. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:7
In due time, persevere in ur walk with God n He will show u great n mighty things. Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For i know the plans i have for you." declares the Lord, "plans to prosper u n not to harm u, plans to give u hope n a future..."
Hey girl, i not really knw y u had said that about reason to live. dun be tough and struggle wif urself. here wanna encourage u God already prepare a wonderful life 4 us b4 we come to this earth. continue put faith in HIM and always PRAY to GOd ur thirst, ur dessire, ur hunger, ASK hiM TO GIVE YOU THE DIRECTION and wat purpose He had created U but not others.(MEN PRAY, GOD WORK) in our life will have many hinder, but treat it as a challenge. After u go through, u'll b a testified to others.believe our GOD is real GOD,He IS a True God.Always believe that our life is full of FAITH, LOVE and HOPE. AMEN.
Thanks Pui Fun, Andrew & annonymous for your encouragement =) Really it's a blessing to have ya all!
The song "He is the reason" did pop into my mind after I wrote this post. I guess, He also wanna remind me over and over again that I am not living for myself.
I do often wonder whether I am living right before Him.. and really bringinge Him glory in the things I do. I feel as if, I could have done so much more but at times, I chose not to move my butt.
I guess, what anon said about "Men pray, God do", does make sense to some extend cuz only God can convict ones heart & move within a person in His time. Like in this song;
"For everytime I pray, I move the hands of God. My prayer does the things, my hands cannot do".
Amen! Indeed I feel blessed though I feel that life is meaningless at times.. cuz God is here, isn't He? and He is real in our midst. And I pray that I can respond to Him with a willing heart to live the way He wants me to & do what He wants me to do.
u have been a blessing to many people around u to me a great testimony to me thank god for a sis inchrist like u
there is a reason for your living even if you haven't found it yet. but know one thing; if there isn't any reason for your living anymore, you would be with God right now coz He'll want you, His child, to be beside Him. so live your life knowing you have a purpose although you yourself have not found it yet. eventually you will ^^
Lil things can be big things to other ppl...u even told me u will nv know when u touch ppl life..bec at times it is unseen(tak nampak wan)..but later maybe they will or they will not tell u.....faham rite?
JaSoN
Daniel Yap here... =)
Elizabeth is deeply loved by God. I dunno who on earth your future husband is, but I bet He's gonna be one heck of a lucky/blessed person.
It's okay to feel useless and weak, cause We're simply earthen vessels used by God, to carry a message of love with all we do. On top of that, God has said in 1 corinthians 1:27 that He uses the foolish things to shame the wise, and the weak things to shame the strong.
It could be the moment that u played your music on flare to minister to others, or beside someone to do what u do best: listen..
And the fact that I think most of the comments given in this post, i believe are really close to u=)
Remember the poor .. See a need, meet it, see a hurt, heal it.
I went through a rough week too, and its good to know we have a God bigger than our lives =)
Rock on Gurl...... I am sure that one day you will know what your purpose is to live in this world...God will reveal it to you one day....
Thank you!
[url=http://mywnehge.com/ebzg/lyid.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://veselwfm.com/mhsq/mjkl.html]Cool site[/url]
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
Well done!
http://mywnehge.com/ebzg/lyid.html | http://knykrntc.com/demp/dmwo.html
Enjoyed a lot! » »
Post a Comment