BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 17, 2006

Future life partner...

I was just reminded of a post that I was suppose to put up weeks ago... perhaps even a month ago >_< *sorry gal* My friend tagged me on the 8 traits/points on an ideal lover for me. Lover sounds quite cliche for me, that's why I prefer to call it my future life partner. The word life partner bring much meaning to me. Anywayz, here goes...

  • Loves God: A person who loves God would honor Him and live in righteousness according to His ways. I know that he may not be perfect, but I know that because of this love with God, He would attempt to reach to God's standards of living. It is when we submit and trust God in different areas in our lives, we will begin to grow more into His likeness and he shall grow in substance, shown through his character. I can be assured that, he would be a living testimony for me, our kids and the people around us.
  • Family Man: I would like my future life partner to still spend time with me and our kids, in the midst of his busy working life. I don't mean, abandoning work at all... but having a balance between those two. Responsibility over his work and also, his own family. I would want him to set aside time for me and the kids for family bonding, mentoring them about God and life as well as walking together, hand-in-hand in life as a family, thru thick & thin. A husband and a father who sets example for the family and loves us with an open heart and open arms *hugz*
  • Captures my heart: Heheh of course before marrying me, the person would have to capture my heart first. But, I don't want it to just end there. It'll be great if he could capture my heart and still be passionate after we're married. Not just the first few years (that would be the easier part), but later years as well (which gets harder), until we grow old (even harder) and move on to Heaven (the, we rejoice together!). I know that passionate feelings do come and go, and as you live & know the person long enough you may get tired of him/her and when you realize and see all the silly and bad habits (that used to be cute but increadibly irritating after that), it is really hard to want or believe that you're married to this person. I really pray that my future husband would make attempts to sustain our marriage life, and I would do so too. You see I'm the kind of girl who needs to be reaffirmed of my love for the person and the person for me. I love it when the guy sweep me off my feet, do silly sweet stuff for me and it really captures my heart when I see the person putting the effort or initiate to do something for me. I feel deeply touched. The guy don't have to shower me with gifts (although it would be nice to recieve once in a while).. simple things do makes me happy; like words of affirmation, remembering special dates, keep aside time for me, a comforting hug and I guess, the guy would have to find what my love language is ler... then it'll be easier for him kua.
  • Purity: A partner that keeps me pure, before and after marriage. A guy that knows his limits when we are courting/dating. A guy who initiates the right moves (eg. holding hands) at the right time but not pushing it any further than it should. A guy that respects me as a gal or a women. Not just physical touch, but keeping my heart guarded for God & my future husband (it should be him-la, but what if something happens betw the both of us?). Also, keeping my mind pure.. as in, the things we talk about, shouldn't provoke any unclean thoughts. Last but not least, spiritually building me up as a fine women, wife and mother... women of worth and one that seeks God.
I'm only at number 4. Still thinking of the rest of the 4 more...
Keep in touch for the continuation =)

3 comments:

Blurry D said...

LOL i fit in all those criteria...heheeheh LOL LOL.....SO SO can i can i????

HAHAHHAAHAH

Ken said...

2 possibilities could arise.

1)
You find someone exactly as you described above, fits your puzzle, and you 2 live happily ever after.

2)
You find someone who is the complete opposite of the above, but grow to accept and love the person as the way he is, and hope things change to fit your criteria (something like the full house guy)


I think I like no. 2 better

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 2 celebrex coxibs cyclooxygnase vioxx My own bookkeeping business