It seems that the things I loved once, but I didn't appreciate much in the later years, were taken away from me.
1st: My dog, Rufus. I use to have time for him. I put him to sleep at night, as I let him sleep on my lap and pat him to bed. I used to play with him and feed him. Years went by and I as I grew and so my dog, I didn't have much time to even touch or look at my dog. I was often out of the house or lazing in the house. I hardly walk around my backyard, you see. I only see him when I wash my hands in the kitchen, his cage would be right in front. I see him when I come back.. he would greet me at the side of the garden, looking intently at me, but I walked into the house. He stares at me when I play music on my piano, and I just smile back at him. At times, I would pat him, but many times I didn't want to get myself dirty before I went out or when I am in the house bumming around.
2nd: My piano that has been with me since I was 4-5 years old. Now, I found out that they are gonna move the piano out! Well, I haven't been really using that piano since after my SPM. My parents got me this digital piano as a gift for my SPM results. I wasn't the best, but I did my best and my parents was proud of me. I wanted a keyboard, so that I could bring it to Aussie when I further my studies, but my dad wasn't too happy with the sound produced by it.. So, suddenly upgraded to digital piano *hahaha* Yeah.. anyway.. when I started thinking about the piano being sold, I feel a little sad. I mean, it has been with me for more than 10years. It's like part of the family. I loved it, I hated it (the lessons and exams, mainly). I composed songs with it.. I had sweet and bitter memories with it.
3rd: My close friend/(s). Okay, maybe the person is not like taken away.. away kinda thing. I should be thankful and grateful that the person/they are still there. Just feel a lil left out and "you're so near yet so far" kinda thing. It's just kinda sad, just left with the memories I had with the person or them. Worst, I don't know how to make it work as close friends again after that. I've became handicapped, most of the time, lost for words. However, I am still thankful that those people are still around and just... friends.
Sigh... I know that I didn't appreciate the things that God has handed me to take care of or to steward of. It makes me wonder, how am I gonna do BIG things for Him, if I can't even handle the little things for Him? I really do regret but I guess there is a lesson that we all will learn after that... especially when the things precious to us, are taken away from us.
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Taken Away
Posted by starlightliz at 3:41 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
talking about dog, my opps neighbour tie their dog for nearly more than a month to a spot..then they dont play with the dog...when the owner come back and the dog is jumping around for attention, the owner will jz walk by teh side of and enter teh house......but today i found out the dog is running around the house adi...they let him go i guess
J
People/things come and go....
Reminds me of myself when I was in Japan. I was contemplating whether to come back for my high school prom during the Christmas holidays (2 weeks long only). The holiday in MALAYSIA would only be 10 days long (damn short), and it would cost a whooping 2000 ringgit to fly back. Not to mention my exams were after the holidays.
Well do or die, I just keep i mind that memories last forever ;)
Enjoyed a lot!
»
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »
Post a Comment