So many things have happened since I’ve updated the last post. My office line is down, so it’s like really quiet here and because of that, many people won’t see me online as often as I used to as well. Hehe I guess it’s a really good thing because I get to control my ‘net’ addiction. I’ve been in and out of home, so usually I’ll come online really late at night and just for a while, or I’ll stone for the whole day in office (which is not good-la). Also, feeling unwell for the past few nights (I say nights because I got better in the morning and afternoon, miraculously) helped me distant myself from going online for too long during the nights.
Things seem so complicating when you keep thinking about it, though it only has a simple reason. The only time it becomes extremely complicating is when you keep dwelling and have that thought lingering around as we so often try so hard to reason it out ourselves in our minds, even when some has it’s reasons stated or obviously shown already.
I was feeling ‘kinda’ confused the past few days… ok, maybe months-la. Things happened and I didn’t really understand why. Or perhaps, vice versa, things didn’t happen when I thought it was suppose to take place. There was not much explanation on how or why it happened. Perhaps, I’ve already had those simple reasons but it wasn’t enough to give me peace and not enough for me to understand the fuller picture.
Now, I have 2 things off my burdened back. I am thankful. I wonder why it took so long for me to let go. I guess I just needed an honest answer and explanation that I could really register into my mind (simple enough for me to understand, without all the fancy words) and move on with life. LOL.
Those few months, I regretted so many things that had happened before. Yes, tainted past, the hurts… but now as I think back, it ain’t that bad. I really learnt a lot of things about myself. It made me reflect a lot more, made me think a lot more about my own actions and consequences. Some painful memories but, I guess, something good can come out from it, if we are willing to open our eyes and heart to learn from those experience.
I hope to be more confident now as a person; the way I live my life and the way I carry myself out. My friend asked me how am I and I honestly told him that it has been tough and I have personal struggles to face, but I didn’t tell him in detailed what was it. He didn’t press on to get out more information from me, but he said this “I think you’re going to have a breakthrough soon”. I replied, “I think so too”. I really hope so… and I should be putting my trust in God for that. I really need one in my life.
In the midst of confusion and doubts, I won’t say that my relationship with God is ‘perfecto’. I’ve strayed and am trying to draw near to Him again. His words doesn’t speak much to me as much as it used to… but I don’t want to give up because I know there’s something more to life than what it is now. I don’t want to give up because I know there is something more out there than just ‘me’ here. I don’t want to give up because I know everything is not going to be worth it but one thing is because it’s lasting. Because of that reason, everything will be worth it, not just for me but someone beyond my comprehension, beyond my understanding.
Often in this crazy world, we forget who is in control. I admire my friends whom I can see, still pressing on and continually holding on to the faith and His word, His integrity, His purpose… still sane from all the things that happened. I love to hear from them, as they share their experiences and how when things gets tough, they hold unto God even tighter and praise God for strength, perseverance and what they have learnt through all the crappiness they may have been through. Perhaps just 10 or even 5 minutes, spending time, just hearing from them or one person even, gives me hope again. I see glimpse hope every time I hear all these testimonies and the simplest things that He did in their lives and how they’ve hanged on, in their faith in Him. A reminder that God is still there… through it all.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Clueless
Posted by starlightliz at 12:27 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey, actually ya look more sure about yourself than last time.
We don't usually bump into each other often nowadays so, yeah... Able to see the differnce quite clearly from my point of view. Your're more expressive. That's a good thing, no? :)
hmm... here's a question... how do u know that's it's a breakthru and not just u walking out of the tunnel and into daylight when u suddenly found urself relieved of all the burdens that u've been facing for some time? Because from where I stand, somethings have nothing to do with God yet the praise goes to him or the fault goes to him. Give u an example, when someone died in an accident, non-christians will say "sigh.. he's fated to go that way..." but for a Christian or some kind of God believer they'll probably go "Why oh why God did you take him away?". So when exactly do you know when God is related? Here's another question... what if, what you do has nothing to do with God but you still think that "hey, this is for GOD!" so much that God cannot stand it anymore and throw you into darkness for sometime that when you got out you'll be so thankful that you think of God first? So what if we did everything right? Will He still throw us into darkness? Or is He just playing around to see if we can find our way into the light? Or is He trying to get our attention so much that it's almost a ADD? What I'm trying to say is.. why are you waiting for something to happen to praise God? Why not just praise God regardless of what happens? Someone got killed in a freak accident, "PRAISE GOD! he's gone to heaven for a greater purpose!!" Someone got healed miraculously of cancer, "PRAISE GOD! he's now cured and healthy". Think about it...
I wonder if the transformation has anything to do with Kenneth and the darkside.
"NO Anarkin NOOO
"ah.....the force is strong in this one....."
"he-hahahahaha-hiehiehie"
Ken, you always had the funniest way of replying.. Hahhaha..
In reference to what anonymous posted, yeah Bible says we should praise God all the time, not only during good times... Becoz we know that whatever happens, God made it happened for a reason, and somehow it is for the good of our well being, though we may not see it at that moment. But then again, we are HUMAN... No matter what, when bad things happened, we do feel the pain. No one knows ur pain better than God does. There's no point putting a face and praise God eventhough deep down inside ur heart ur really questioning Him. God see through our hearts. No point forcing urself to believe that at that sad moment, u really just wanna praise God.
There's nothing wrong when we cry in front of God questioning Him why coz that is part of the process of dealing with hurts and pain. What is important though, is coming out of the pain and truly realising that God meant it for good. And truly praising Him deep from the heart when the realization comes.
Then again, I can't say everyone is like what i said. There maybe some ppl who really truly feel like praising God when bad things hit them. By all means, go ahead. However, I doubt many ppl are like that. Most of the time we ended up putting up a brave face in front of Him.
Post a Comment