BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, February 22, 2007

CNY Celeb in Aus!

Chinese New Year (CNY) in Aus was pretty interesting.

Let me see what I did...

Last Sat afternoon (CNY eve), my friends + I went China Town to do some grocery shopping. I just followed them to see what they have there. I didn't need to stock up any food yet. I want to finish the ones I have in the refrigerator first & in the cupboard (can food). And guess what?! It was 40degrees man on CNY eve. CRAZINESS!!! Thank God for friends who have cars & are so willing to pick us up! I really appreciate them!!! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was crazily hot, I tell you. So afternoon, I was window shopping for food while my friends were actually buying food XD

Later that night, we had dinner at one of the OCFer's place. Awesome-ness! I love get-togethers, makans + movies - great time of bonding. Miss those time at home :) I remember I had a lot of those back home, at my place (I know ppl miss my house more than me! *hmph* LOL*). When I come here in Aus, I am so blessed that someone else organize things like this too. I am so so blessed!

We had a game of 'taboo' before dinner. Taboo seems harder this year for some reason *blurred out*. Then for dinner, we had - satay, spaghetti, fried rice, fried wanton & crabs! WoohooO!! Amazing food! XD After that, we watched some movies on TV - Along Came Polly" & "Grammy Awards." Oh... I learnt how to play "POKER"!!! (I know someone has always wanted me to play poker with him). I finally played the game here in Aussie. Some ppl said I turn bad because I play poker. Apa ni laa!! Chill man!!! Still the same ol' Lizzie ;)


Here is a pic of our small gathering!


Game of 'poker' anyone? XD




My poker face! *LOL!*


On CNY 1st day, I visited Paradise Church in the morning. I was super tired. Like gonna "pengsan". Every morning also like that la, 'cuz I still have 'late-sleeping-disease' >_<>_<. So, I asked them go ahead without me first. This group of friends consist of exHELP students, same year as I am, but I don't really know all of them. I only know like a handful of them only. It was great that I was able to get to know them by that night.


Our dinner pic in the restaurant. Food was ok. $AU8 per person o
nly!


We played "Cho Dai Di" & "Black Jack" later that nite!




I went back like really late that night. Awesome nite.. was windy & full of stars on the sky My friend + I, witnessed something eermmm >_<.. nvm.. wierdness!!!! If my parents knew we were walking back late at night, they will chop me. I still can't stay out super late, because housemates will get worried & it'll be a lil noisy when I come in. Yes, still a good gal! *halo on the head* LOL!* So, yeah... these were my CNY experience in Aussieland!!! I only thing I miss back home during CNY is my mum's dish - 'Lakso' - Indonesian dish, which was taught by my grandma. I wasn't sad because I didn't recieve any angpows here or was not able to eat the variety food in M'sia during CNY. Friendships were bonded & it was great having each other as we were able to celebrate CNY together... celebrate our friendship, community & race!

"Thank You, God for these supportive ppl, friends + community here in Adelaide! I am amazed, touched & blessed by You & Your people as well as the ppl You sent me to be with. Thank You."

4 comments:

Ken said...

OMG I WANT THAT POKER SET

to bad it only has 4 colored chips.

But the board is nice

wah leng

wah
wah
wah
wah

Jason said...

wahhhh.. CNY play poker.. got lose money or not !? Aussie dollar is worth more than malaysian ringgit you know!!

starlightliz said...

Jase ah.. didn't play with money la poker. Use the chips ni!

J-mes said...

wa some one playing poker hahaha...looks like ur having loads of fun there eh...