BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 12, 2007

Journeying with God in Aussieland

Dear fellow readers, I apologize for not blogging for quite some time. I know I’ve been missing in action. I left for Adelaide last Wed nite & arrived here about 7.10am in the morning (2 hrs ahead of my homeland, M’sia).

Flight was good. Though there was turbulence because of the unstable weather, we arrived safely in Aus. The weather here started off really hot when we arrived till beginning of this week. The temperature was about 35 – 39C. However, the temperature has dropped to 23 – 32C. At nite it'll drop to 15 - 30C. It’s pretty crazy rite? I miss Malaysian’s consistent weather & rain… No rain here, except during winter I heard. Wonder how cold it would be :) currently, if feels like Genting down here. The sun will shine like no one’s business, tanning our exposed skins but when there is a breeze, you feel the chill & may even need to wear a jacket (yes, under the hot sun). Interesting eh?

My stay here as been pretty interesting. It wasn’t as boring as many people has warned me about. I fell in love with the environment here. It wasn’t as hectic as KL/PJ in M’sia, yet, it wasn’t like there weren’t any activities for you.

My senior/exCG leader from HELP College University helped me through my transition here. She has been a BIG help! She helped & guided me through accommodation, university course online enrolment, church visits, meeting of peeps / networking, shopping areas in the city, my buss schedules & many more to come, such as budgeting, time management, discipleship & tips for studies.

This is one of my picture with her. Don’t we look amazing? XP Of course we do! *Haha*

I’m amazed with what God is doing in her life & other friends who had come here as well. I can see & have heard of stories, of experiences that had molded them to be a mature man or woman with such great faith in Christ. Indeed it really encourages me to see these people grow and I desire for the same thing as well. It’s just so awesome! I see so many campus peeps, becoming leaders. Just ‘wow’!

As for me, I’m gonna take it slow. Not gonna rush into ministries. I want to take a step back, have some personal time to just reflect & mend my relationship with God once again. Back home, I’ve been so involved in ministries that at times, I really don’t know what or why I’m doing it. I get burnt out in every area… physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually. I needed time out badly.

When I came here, I started journaling to God. I haven’t written into my diary for like 2 yrs or so. It’s amazing… I felt Him closer to me when I am able to connect with Him through writing down my thoughts & how I felt. I really want to thank my dear friend for encouraging me to start journaling again… he said it would make a difference. It did… & I pray that next time when I read back, I hope to see how much I’ve grown & mature in Christ as well & how my life have changed from the last time I’ve journal-ed J I’m sure if I keep this up consistently & with much discipline & passion, my hopes will be fulfilled.

What am I looking for here? Basically, to grow deeper with substance in Him. To learn to rely & put my trust in Him, as I am starting to live independently here. I wanna continue searching the truths about God, about the passions He put in me, how I can maximize & use my gifts for His kingdom; to bless others & the community here. After that, I wanna spread & help/guide others what I've learnt & experience. I know that I'm not merely here for my studies. There's something more in this. I rediscovering what God has planned for my life :) I am also leaving my love life into His hands.

I am blessed by Him, my family & His people. He has showed me the beauty of His creation that I don't often get to see in M'sia - the enviornment + nature.... He showed me genuine friendships that were formed here. He showed me the passion of the church to reach out & transform to the society/city.

Thank You God for bringing me here at such a time as this. Continue to open my eyes to what You want me to discover + learn. Thank You.

0 comments: