BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Prepare Thy Way 2 My RooM!!!

I was living in Adelaide city with my parents for 11 days (Sun was my last day there since my parents flew back to M'sia). I shifted into my “permanent” home in Magill- 15-20 mins walk from my campus & about 30mins bus ride from the city. The place is really homey! My room is about half the size of my room back home in M’sia (my cell members would be able to visualize it perhaps). Hey, smaller rooms, easier to clean, no? *grinz* My parents & I have finish cleaning & furnishing the room! We bought Ikea furnitures with quite affordable prices.

  • Bed - $79
  • Study Table (aka. dining table) - $79
  • Cupboard (aka. drawers) - $99
  • Small table beside bed - $25
  • Chair - $35

Not bad, huh? First, I did the cleaning. Yes M.E.! The sweeping, mopping, wiping windows… Again I’ll answer, yes, I did it!!! My dad helped with wiping the windows too. Also, we put up the furnitures ourselves (my parents, myself & friend, friend’s friend). Man, it is tough! Have to hammer & screw here and there. Wah!!! Not easy! Now, I really appreciate the work of carpenters. Amazing!

Let me give you a tour into my room…

This is my room before anything moved in.


Me cleaning up. My parents wanted to take a pic of me for memories sake. They don’t get to see me in action at all when I was in M’sia.


This is my room after it has been furnished with Ikea furnitures we put together.



This is after we shift everything else in & have decorated the place with color!


The rest of the house!

Hall



Kitchen


Shower + Toilet

Nice? Cool eh?! XD My housemates decorated the hall & bathroom before I moved it. It's really homey :)

I never thought of my room would be sooo flowery... *LoL!* 'cuz I am never the flowery/lacey patterns kinda gal. I like strong colors with abstract. And did you notice the theme color of my room? Cream/yellow + Green! *LoL* I never imagined my room to be that way. Initially, I thought of "Black+Silver" theme. My parents were so against it because it'll make my room seem gloomy & depressing. Winter sure get S.A.D. - Seasonal Affective Disorder! *Haha!*What I didn't realize is that most of my things are green in color - eg. on my cupboard, my quilt cover + pillow casing, room mat... Then, my mum bought me this yellow cover for my table.. LOL!! Wouldn't be my choice of pattern & color but I gotta thank her, because it kinda suites/compliment my room color & it brightens up my room.

Come to think of it.. "Red + Dark Blue" could have looked great in my room too! I would like it. Like ze hall... Solid! Then again, I don't have much 'red+dark blue' things to compliment it :)

Got lots more to share about Aussieland & what has been happening but will do it one at a time. Take care peeps ;)

3 comments:

Jason said...

which suburb you staying in? Magill itself? who you staying with? HAve you got a heater? A standing fan is useless in adelaide! Its gonna get cold soon, so you better get yourself a heater! Especially portable heaters my dear! So you can carry it a face it to you and blow it in front of your face! Hahaha! have youself a good time in Adelaide! Its chilly and dry cause autumn and winter is coming!

Anonymous said...

Sis!!! I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

hi your house looks cool and which part of aus u are in cause i may want to visit my cousin brothers and sis in melbune in around june or july when i have finish my couses just a few days break for me