Ever watched closely your own actions & wondered why do you do the things you do? Or whether you've done it rightly or whether the motive of doing things is right? I seem to be more aware of my own conduct now as I reflect each day... whether what I'm doing is alright or not & why so? Even when I do think I have a problem or bad habit, I will try to look for the underlying reason to it. This applies even to my own habit of sleeping late... and yes, even that, I've found the reason to it...
Now, what do you do with these reflections? Sometimes you'd discover your underlying source but not so willing to let it go yet. I mean, why would people want to hang unto something that isn't good, unless they have learned to adapt to it, they are just so used to it that it's part of their life already or they are afraid of missing something "good" from it.. or maybe the "good" is just a 'feel good' factor... hhmm does that make sense?
This conversation captured my attention. Perhaps, it explains better to what I mentioned just now.. This is what Dr Wilson said to House (House, Season 2, epi 11), "You don't like yourself, but you do admire yourself. It's all you've got, so, you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else. It just makes you miserable!"
Wow! That was like a 'bullseye' on all sides of the egos deep down an individual.. I somehow can relate to what Dr Wilson said. If not, why would it hit me on own face as well, when I was watching it, rite?
Monday, May 28, 2007
Letting go of the underlying causes
Posted by starlightliz at 11:39 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmm... I can relate to that as well. when God first showed me my weaknesses, i really backed away and struggled. but a friend reminded that it's because of my pride that i'm not willng to change. in fact i AM still afraid of letting God change every part of me because i'm afraid of losing my own identity. but leh ho, i've learned to trust that God wouldn't really make us into a new person. we would be made perfect, not different, in Him. in other words that means we would become better people la hehe. hence, we would still get to be ourselves and be unique =)
as for how to let go ar...i got a method lo...like i like to procrastinate for the sole reason of thrill i feel doing last minute work. i would purposely calculate how long i need to finish a task and wait till the very last moment to start lo...so leh ho, in order to overcome this, i pray for panicness everytime i do work =) then ma dun hav to procrastinate d lo..now i can feel panic anytime i wan 2 =) and yea...i dun procrastinate as late d haha...so..this is one way of overcoming the 'feel good' factor =D
Awesome reflections Liz and BX! When I saw that eps.. I was quite amazed too :D Its something that struck me too :D ahahaha We're moving ahead guys! Watch out for your space. God's doing something in your life! In mine too of course.. hahaha...
Post a Comment