Today was interesting... I was asked whether I was free to 'wash dishes' in the afternoon after church, and I'll be given $50 for it. I was like.. O_o *blur* at first! LOL! Since my friend really needed someone to replace the other person, who was sick, I agreed to help. I was clueless.. just follow only ler. Besides, my only plan for the day was to do my weekend chores, before I leave to Melbourne.
We went to Adelaide Hills... I so forgot that I had travel sickness... >.< So on the way, kinda dizzy lor but good thing wasn't that bad the ride. I got to spend time with this girl in OCF. I've known her but we didn't really get a chance to really talk and really got to know each other until today. So, it was awesome la!
Then we went to this Christmas BBQ private function in a house in Adelaide Hills, organized by one of the director of the units in Flinders hospital. WOW! The place was breath-taking. Personal winery place, there was a lake nearby and mountains ahead.. Wow... That wasn't it.. the food they were preparing for the party was DeLiCioUs!!!! *yum* Cooked by M'sians! (not me la). My friend and I just cut food only, and help to serve ppl. After that our main job were to wash dishes :)
You know what, I didn't know Australians had a different way to wash dishes. I really didn't know that lor... Now I know why the sink is often filled with water in my house... Aussies conserve water one, so they fill the sink up with water and put dish detergen inside after that. Then, they soak the utensils and plates in the sink and use the water+soap from the sink to wash. They don't wash it under running water like we do. I do agree that the way we do it, would really waste heaps of water. On the other hand, I wasn't sure how clean the dishes would be even after we washed it O_o I don't know man!
Anyway.. it was really an interesting day! I am very very happy being able to be part of this. We got to talk to some Australian ppl working in the hospital. We got to try out great food! eg. BBQ Prawns *yum* and so many deserts. It was ssssoooo delicious and irresistible! *saliva come out of mouth as we stare at the desert* We got to eat them.. bwahhaah!!! XD
If only my handphone didn't die on me *sobz (T.T)* I can take pic! WAHahahaha!!!
Sigh, but it's alright :)
Well, we each received $50 as promised! They were very generous.. even when I broke a glass >.< Yes, my clumsiness... I'm sorry!!! (T.T) But they told me not to worry and didn't deduct anything from my pay. I was shocked. I thought I'll get scolded or something. Wow. Amazing people. Thank you for your mercy!!!
So yeah. Today was a fruitful day! Came back, can't rest yet.. had to do laundry and do my chores before I leave to Melbourne tomorrow.
Yes, going to Melb tomorrow!!! Yey! Get to see my bestfriend and ko! Can't wait!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
One time part-time job
Posted by starlightliz at 6:35 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment