I can't believe I am away from my family for 10 months already. Guess what? I actually survived! XD
Well, I miss my family a lot! :( I was just thinking yesterday evening about my family, while helping my friend with his filming assignment.
Family... sigh... I haven't really spent much time with them especially when I turned 16? I've always been so busy with my own work, ministries and friends. Family was a less priority for me at that time because I've taken for granted of the fact that they are always there and around.. at home.
Now when I think back about my family.. mum, dad, lil bro, aunt and uncle, who visits once a year, I really miss their company.
- I miss sitting around the table, eating with them during dinner.
- I miss going out for breakfast - indian mamaks, chinese hawker stalls (dim sum, prawn mee...) or cafes.
- I miss going out for lunches with my dad - "CHAP FUN!!!" and remembered my dad ask me not to be greedy... piling all the diff dishes on my plate :)
- I miss the times we went out for movie together as a family, or stayed at home watching a movie together.
- Years back, we used to play; chess, checkers, carom, ping pong (not much). I'm more a boardgame kinda person.
- I miss the times we went grocery shopping together, though I find it a chore at that time.
- I miss learning from my mum, how to bake cookies for valentine's day/friendship day and for Chinese New Year (CNY).
- I miss helping dad to compile all the CNY cards and hang it on the wall. We use it as deco in the house.
- I miss putting up the Christmas tree with them. I haven't been around the past years to do it :(
- I miss helping dad with the Mensa Treasure Hunt papers, stapling them.
- I miss my aunt and uncle heaps when they come back!!! We play games, watch movies, chit-chat... hhmm I should write them a mail soon.
- I miss my bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot disturb him when I'm here!!!! I cannot poke him when I want to!!!! I can't talk to him about stuff he isn't interested to here.
- I miss learning from my dad how to organize the photo album :)
When I come back... I want to...
- Cook a few dishes for you guys (my family)
- Learn to cook even more dishes and bake, so that I can bless others and my family with it
- Be around more often, especially during family time
- Go out for movies with you guys (any Marvel movies out soon?)
- Play boardgames!
- Help around with grocery shopping, shopping, marketing...
- Help bro with his assignment if needed
- Spend more time with aunt and uncle when they come
- Just sit at my parents feet at times (ok not literally), but to listen to the advices they give about life
- Help clean up the house! I know how to clean already!! XD
I don't know how long I'll be back for... but I really am looking forward to go back home. Wish I can go home much much earlier. At the moment, there is some problems with the flight tix.
I love you guys a lot! Heaps of love, from your daughter, sister and niece.

0 comments:
Post a Comment