BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chores

*Knock knock* -ARGH!!!!!- It's morning already? Sheesh! I felt as if I've just fallen asleep.

It was time to wake up and go to the MARKET! -_- Exact time? 9.15am in the morning! Thank goodness I cancelled my previous appointment. I wouldn't be able to make it. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to pay attention to what the speaker was talking.

So, up and away, I went to the Tmn Tun Market. I got to choose a lot of different types of veggies. Mum gave instructions to pick certain veggies. She had point them out because I wouldn't know which veggie is what. So, I learnt the art of choosing veggies this morning. Mum said that it could last us about 2 weeks. Wow! That means, my mum actually goes marketing every 2 weeks. I though it was once a month or something. Oh well...

I revisited my childhood memories by buying stickers from the market. I know... I know... I gotta remind myself that I am already 20 years old! But.. who cares? I haven't shopped for stickers for like 10 years already. It's only RM 1 for 1 batch. So, I bought some! It's nice & cute!!! I would love to keep it & show my sticker books to my daughter next time. Perhaps, I can shoot some pics of it & put it on my blog later! I remembered I used to collect them and I had a good collection collection! I'm serious!

I used to love to collect stickers, stamps, bookmarks, notepads, erasers etc. Now, I collect photographs, print them, arrange & stick them into albums. I have 2 albums for encouraging notes/inspirational bookmarks + postcards too! I took out my sticker books that I've kept aside & added in the stickers I bought today! Unfortunately, some of the stickers were too big!!! Nooooo~ I have to make room for it to fit somehow... someway.

I had breakfast with my parents. I haven't had breakfast with them for months.... *that shows how often I am actually around*. It wasn't as fun as it used to be. Now, every time I am out with them, they have to bring up the issues of responsibilities, things I need to prepare when I am in Aussie... yada yada. Sheesh! Isn't there any other topic to talk about??? I hardly here anything pleasant when I am around them! It gets on my nerves many times. That is one of the reasons why I don't like spending time at home. I just feel pressured around them! >_<

Anyway, after breakfast, I came back and just dropped myself on the couch. I watched some TV, go online for a while and before I knew it, ZzzzZzzz *snooze*- got knocked out. I rested from 1pm - 4.30pm. Thanks to my bro, who woke me up when he came in and watched TV in the hall. Well, I shouldn't sleep too long anyway. Wait.. since when my bro actually watch anime? O_o pretty interesting though. I was watching TV in the evening & went online for a while until my dad asked me to go help my mum in the kitchen.

I had a dream when I took my afternoon "nap". Never thought I would dream about the person again. Wierd! Well, it was nice I guess but I know it wouldn't come to reality. Sad but true. I think I've come to accept reality already. That's why I didn't feel as disappointed as I used to. Just told myself it was a dream & moved on with my life.

Learnt a bit of cooking for dinner. I sliced the beef, marinated it and fried it. What else? Did some "Otak-otak" (Indonesian dish - fish paste), 2 ways of cooking- fried & boiled. For vegies we had some big "Tau gehS" (don't know what you call it in English/Chinese). That's about it. We do not really eat a lot as a family. My mum is a light eater, so is my dad. Think my bro would try to wipe off all the food at the end of the day.

The Christmas tree is up. Again, I wasn't involved to help to put up the tree, as always. I thought it would be good if I could be part of it this time when they put up the tree... but I was asleep. Guess, they just gotten used to doing things without me. So, they didn't even bother to wake me up.

So yeah.. that was my whole day. I gotta be around at home more often... I think I struggle to do so because of different issues. I mean, it's not bad to be at home. The place is comfortable, my parents are nice good parents, I have a bro that cares for me. Just that, sometimes I just don't feel as if I belong here. I don't feel I am needed around. They seem to need me when I am not around or have already made plans. When there is no one at home, I just bum around and waste my time. When my parents are at home, I feel pressured at times. I love having my younger bro around but it's not like we have anything in common to do.

That's why I rather spend my day out, doing something with people. At least, I get to really talk to them, relate with them, spend time with them & do things together with them... or at least with someone! I get to move around too & do something useful. I won't feel so lazy.

Yeah... but home is home. I need to start treating my family as a priority and I can't run away from responsibilities I have here. I know I'll regret it when I am older. If it's already hard now for me, it's not gonna get any easier in the future. I just have to start doing something about it or change my attitude about this.

0 comments: