I thought tonight I can sleep much much earlier. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, way before the clock strucks 12. Then right, close to 12am, my dad called me into his room... He gave me more work to do for his 'Treasure Hunt' event. I had to help him with the power point presentation and typing in the candidates who registered for the event.
Man, I thought I might as well do it at the spot. I didn't want to push the task to the next day because I had some plans in the morning and I was afraid that I would further procrastinate the task to another day. So.. I went ahead to fix up whatever that is needed in the Excel file & PowerPoint presentation slides. It took me close to 3 hours to finish it!!! I thought I could do it within half an hour or 1 hour the max. My gosh!!! I think I took about 1 and a half to 2 hours to finish what I needed to do and thought to myself that it was done! Boy, I was wrong. There were lil minor things, here & there that I needed to fix up... Also, my dad needed to make sure that the transitions of the slides were in order and made sure the timing was perfect for it to flow with the music that would be played at the background during the event itself. I think that itself took about another hour!
Man oh man... Oh, I realized that when I am given a task like this, I like to do it quickly & rush to finish it. Not because it is very boring. Simple reason - If I can do things fast and I know I am capable of doing that, I would like to do it quickly-la. I don't like to waste time. Then again, I think because of that mentality, I always seem to rush my work through. I do check carefully-ler and made sure I did it correctly without any errors. However, I think I am a bit neurotic. It's because I am rushing and doing things so quickly, I am a bit 'kan chiong'. I tend to be very quick to do things before I am told. Like just now my dad wanted to ask me click on something, my fingers were ever ready to click on something on the page & sometimes I assume what he was gonna say. So, he had to ask me to not rush & listen to his instructions. When I really listened & try to digest the information into my mind, I had this few seconds lag for a moment. I wasn't sure whether the reason of my 'lag' was because I was tired or what.. but sometimes, I do experience it from time to time even when I am energetic.
Perhaps I was trying hard to focus.. and focusing isn't an easy task for me these days. No, I don't have "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder" (ADHD). Well, I really hope I don't. I know I didn't have it when I was a kid. So, if I do have it now, it probably came about in my recent years. Of course when you struggle having the focus, when you try to, you have a 'lagging' period to digest the information given, into your brain. I should think it works that way.
In conclusion, I think the reason I was "lagging" because my brain was no longer really active as I was tired & I have problems focusing. Period.
Anyway, moral of the story, if I am given any task close to or past 12am, I SHOULDN'T try to attempt it at all. Just leave it aside and go to sleep! Make time the next day to do it. Unless, I desperately know that I can't leave it to the next day (eg. assignment pass up the day after) or I have no other time at all to do it. I need to learn to leave my worries to tomorrow... Learn to rest, learn to prioritize on more important things like my health & be less neurotic! SELF-CONTROL is the key!
Lizzie needs to learn to take care of herself. She seem to suck in it. Oh no!!! I need to have mercy on myself when I am Aussie as I'll living independently there. Good luck to myself. Oh well, I have about 2 months to catch up & learn, rite? :)
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Failed attempt
Posted by starlightliz at 5:10 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment